- A protective barrier against adhesives from wound dressings and surgical tapes, to prevent Medical Adhesive Related Skin Injuries (MARSI)
- Prevention from getting dermatitis from urine and/or faeces for incontinent patients
- Skin protection around stoma sites
- Peri-wound protection from exudate damage
- Protection from damage caused by friction
- Protecting broken, tender skin without stinging.
- Protecting red or sore skin caused by incontinence.
- Protecting skin from damage caused by oozing or discharge from wounds.
- Protecting the skin around stoma sites.
- Protecting skin from damage caused by rubbing, friction or adhesives.
- The area of skin to be applied must be clean and dry.
- Wipe – apply an even coat of film to the entire area to be applied.
- Pump spray – hold the spray about 10-15cm away from the skin. Spray a smooth, even coating in a sweeping motion over the whole application area.
- Allow the area to dry for 30 seconds.
- Normally, it should be re-applied every 48 to 72 hours (or every 2 to 3 days).
- If used for adhesion protection re-apply after every dressing or tape change.
- For severe incontinence or when skin is broken, reapply every 12 – 24 hours.
- If Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that the skin contact areas are separated and allow the coating to dry before returning to normal positions.
- Avoid using ointments or creams as they will stop Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film from working properly.
3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film is an alcohol-free liquid barrier that dries quickly to form a breathable, waterproof and transparent protective coating on the skin. It protect the skin from medical adhesives, bodily fluids, wound exudate, and friction.
Product Code :2-NC-C3391G
Registered Under Act 737. MDA Reg. No: GMD28851469618A
There are no reviews yet.